Thursday, March 15, 2012

Confession #16: Granola bars should never be store bought

Follow Me on Pinterest
I know it's been a while since I last blogged, and I'm sorry for that, but I am right now in finals week of school so I have been busy pulling my hair out! I plan on writing a little bit about our trip to the Dominican Republic but for now I am just going to give you the best granola bar recipe (that's peanut free) that I have come across. I am making this right now! I am using the first part as a base and going from there.
Mix 1 cup homemade apple sauce with 1 tea cinn and 3/4 tea homemade van extract. Add in 2 1/2 cup oatmeal. And I expanded from there.
1st Batch: 1 cup crushed walnuts and almonds and 1 cup crazins and raisins.
2nd Batch: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup crazins, 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3rd Batch: 1 cup marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips

Recipe inspired by Brown Eyed Baker

Enjoy! And I will be posting regularly again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment